- Dorothy Surrenders featured Marlene Dietrich, whom I love, for Gender Fuck Thursday today.
- Kristine at Serendipities noted that the BBC's In Our Time recently did a segment on revenge tragedies. 'Tis Pity She's a Whore by John Ford should be required reading, in my opinion.
- According to the Library Journal, Ohio libraries will lose 30% of the state's support.
- Boing Boing notes that Senator Sessions is quite racist. Senator Jeff Sessions once said before the Senate Judiciary Committee: "I may have said something about the NAACP being un-American or communist, but I meant no harm by it." Contrast that with his I-think-identity-politics-suck bullshit opening statement.
- Shakesville has a Sotomayor round-up and open thread.
- Very necessary for theories of all kinds--Cuisinart releases a home 2-quart ice cream maker.
- Apparently there is a 3-foot spitting earthworm on the prowl.